[isapros] Re: WAY OT: Remote view or control of MAC OSX

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:40:17 -0700

Worked great. Thanks.

John T

eServices For You

"Seek, and ye shall find!"

-----Original Message-----
From: isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Thor (Hammer of God)
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:51 AM
To: isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [isapros] Re: WAY OT: Remote view or control of MAC OSX

This message sent to you via my Mac OSX client from my XP desktop using
OSXvnc running on the Mac, connecting up via UltraVNC Win32 viewer.

The Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) is a much better remote control system
overall, but there is not an XP client for it.  I've disable ARD on the mac,
and just loaded OSXvnc (free) and given it a password to connect. Then just
use UltraVNC (other's work) for your VNC connection and all will be well.

I've been doing this for months now.  All the emails you've ever got from me
on these lists have all been from my Mac via VNC.

On 9/20/06 9:24 AM, "John T (Lists)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh
to all:

Looking for a way to view and/or control a MAC OSX client remotely from my
Windows XP desktop.

Any one have any suggestions?

Yes, can be done through a VPN.

John T