[isapros] Re: Using ISA Server to Extend Server and Domain Isolation Interoperability

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 11:36:42 +0100

Not very promising :-(

Thanks,
Stefaan

-----Original Message-----
From: isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Harrison
Sent: vrijdag 1 februari 2008 16:00
To: isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [isapros] Re: Using ISA Server to Extend Server and Domain
Isolation Interoperability

It's achievable, all right, but you're also right in that it requires deep
analysis and planning on a level which most customers aren't willing or able
to engage - especially the "pushdabutton" crowd.
There are also hard-blocks to such designs, such as how you manage the
boundary (request mode) hosts.  In an environment where a significant number
of machines cannot play in the IPSec game (think test labs, etc.), you have
to provide a means for them to access external resources.  In many
deployments, this means duplicating a lot of file/web services across
boundary machines.
The trade-offs are many and the effort & maintenance is far from simple, but
the rewards are humungo.

Jim