[isapros] Using ISA Server to Extend Server and Domain Isolation Interoperability

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:19:16 +0100

Hi,

did anyone study are try out the guide
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=589fcf8e-0511-4c22-
a39e-6b841dd3c74f&displaylang=en ?

I'm just starting to read it and it seems not to be very consistent! :-(

If I got it right the External network is the IPsec world (Isolation Domain)
and the Internal network is the non-IPsec world. The ISA is member of the
Isolation Domain.
I would expect a NAT relationship from the Internal network (non-IPsec
world) to the External network (IPsec world). However the procedure given
seems to reverse the direction!?!?

Further down the guide there is IMHO more inconsistentcy when they talk
about "Creating a Server Publishing Rule".

Hmm... I'm missing something???

Best Regards,
Stefaan

MVP ISA Server