[isapros] Re: SSL Client Certificate Authentication with non-web clients

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:23:18 -0700

I'm hitting the listener as an anonymous user, yes.  But, I'm providing the
cert as authentication.  If I don't "require authentication" in the "SSL Client
Certificate Authentication" properties, it never asks the client to provide a
cert.  And just to ensure that the browser isn't "automatically" sending
anything, I've deleted the client cert and removed the domain CA cert from root
certs on the client box -- with "require authentication" cleared, but requiring
SSL Client Cert Auth, the client, the client can still connect to the server
without presenting a certificate (which doesn't make any since to me) and there
is no fallback auth specified.

Thoughts?