[isapros] Re: SSL Client Certificate Authentication with non-web clients

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:11:48 -0700

And besides, one of my most respected friends in the industry uses the
term "client certificates" in article's he written about this very
subject - so if you don't mind me saying so, I will take his use of it
as gospel:

"Client certificate authentication allows users to present client
certificates to authenticate with the Incoming Web Requests listener"
and
"For example, you can publish the Web enrollment site and allow external
network clients to obtain a client certificate from the Internet..."
and finally,
"Check out chapter 5 of the ISA Server and Beyond book for details on
using client certificates on the ISA Server"

I'll leave it up to you to figure out the author of those quotes. :-p

I'm