[isapros] Publishing proxy listener on TMG

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:07:40 -0800

Has anyone successfully published the internal network proxy listener to the
external network on TMG?  This is trivial to do with ISA/TMG in hork mode
(single nic) and though I *thought* I did it in ISA with the typical
external/internal nic config, I can't get it working in TMG.  I'm either
missing something simple, or it just no workie.

Basically, I want to be able to connect to my TMG proxy from the outside world.
 Typical stuff.  In hork mode I was doing it just fine and using NTLM auth over
HTTP with a strong password which is just fine.

I've tried web publishing on an alternate port listener to 8080 on the internal
interface, but get "non-SYN" errors, even after creating a rule to allow
External->Local for the proxy traffic, and I get "bad gateway" when I just
server publish either 8080 to the internal or even a custom protocol.
Something's just not right.  Anyone?  Beuller?  Anyone?

"Tom Shinder has custom condoms made out of Chuck Norris' junk."
Timothy "Raging Haggis" Mullen
thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
www.hammerofgod.com<http://www.hammerofgod.com>