[isapros] Re: OT: Vista VPN Client Credentials

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:34:33 -0800

Nothing.  The mechanics works just fine- I VPN in, connect, and
authenticate.  The ISA VPN segment properly identifies the connection as a
domain user and properly applies fw policy to the VPN segment for that user
(as I'm VPN'ed in directly to the ISA server).  I can ping, RDP, telnet, etc
as one would expect.  However, when it comes to silently authenticating to
network resources (CIFS shares, NTLM services, SQL integrated) the box
attempts to log on as the interactive user, not the VPN user.

I've looked at all the "downlevel" issues out there, but they are all about
the actual connection/session/encryption stuff.  The actual "connection" is
fine.  I just can't make Vista use the VPN credentials to access remote
resources.  Bad Vista! Bad!

On 1/25/07 9:30 AM, "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to
all: