[isapros] OT: Sharepoint 2007

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:58:37 -0400

Following on the discussion about Sharepoint security... I attended a
TechNite Live last night. First time I've been to one. It's given by
technet. Both presenters were from Microsoft Consulting. Good quality
information and demos. The topic was Sharepoint 2007 and Exchange 2007.

Looks like Sharepoint has finally grown up. New version has full AD
integration and NTFS permissions on files and folders. New version also
has document retention policy enforcement and document vault for
permanent protected storage. New search feature can search your entire
network not just Sharepoint for documents both in simple folders and
contained within other databases. There are also a myriad of other new
features that will make Sharepoint the Intranet app of choice in the
Enterprise.

These changes should make Sharepoint explode onto the market. My
security and management concerns look to be all addressed in 2007. I'm
on the Sharepoint bandwagon now.

Amy Babinchak

Harbor Computer Services

(248) 546-6056 office