[isapros] OT: College Research Paper (Quantum Cryptography)

  • From: "Gerald G. Young" <g.young@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 09:55:38 -0400

This is way off topic here but given the security background of most on
the list, I thought I'd throw this out.

I'm doing a short (thank goodness!) research paper for a college IT
course.  I chose to write about the security ramifications of quantum
computing.  In the paper I need a minimum of 4 references with at least
1 reference from 3 different types (web, book, magazine, interview,
etc.).  I have two different types now and an abundance of references I
can use.  I'm looking for a third of the interview type.

I am just looking for someone who might be in the know with regards to
this technology and the potential affects it may have on IT security as
we know it.

I'd like to specifically ask questions regarding the potential of
quantum cryptography being able to determine when someone is listening
in on traffic (that's kewl!).

If there's anyone out there who may be familiar with this topic, can you
please shoot me an email?

Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II
Applications Engineer, Platform Engineering
Enterprise Hosting
NTT America, an NTT Communications Company

22451 Shaw Rd.
Sterling, VA 20166

Office: 571-434-1319
Fax: 703-333-6749