[isapros] Re: [ISAServer] Firewall client DNS resolution over control channel

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 19:31:06 -0700

Bingo!  You understand my issue perfectly.

Internal clients have no business resolving external names via the FWC
unless I explicitly allow them to.

I was not aware of the default behavior of the FWC in regard to DNS
resolution, but now that I am, I need to change it.

This is ISA2004, and I have set the parameters exactly as specified and it
does not work.  I'll try restarting both the ISA server and the client just
for S&G to see what happens.

Thanks!

On 7/6/06 7:13 PM, "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all: