[isapros] Re: [ISAServer] Appliances, ISA, and SP2

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Frédéric ESNOUF" <frederic@xxxxxxxxxx>, <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 09:02:32 -0500

Hi Fred,

I went to my contacts at NEI confirms that you're right about them only have
SP1. There was a decision made by *someone* that SP2 problems related to the
HTTP Security Filter would drive up too many help desk calls and so they
avoided it. I definitley don't agree with this decision, but that is how it
appears to me.

Note that for their 9200 series and later products, they won't be doing this
kind of executive decision making and that updates will be via Microsoft Update.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7