[isapros] Re: ISA/IAG Topologies

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:27:25 -0500

Hi Jason,

When using both ISA and IAG 2007 at the same site, I put them in
paralle. IAG 2007 is really only for inbound access, while ISA supports
both. For all authenticated connections inbound, I use the IAG 2007 (at
least almost all) and for unauthenticated inbound connections, I'll use
ISA Web Publishing Rules on the ISA machine.

Outbound access is always through the ISA firewall, since as Jim
mentioned, IAG 2007 really wasn't designed for that.

Tom

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7