[isapros] Re: ISA, Exchange 2007 and Perimeter Networks

  • From: "Jason Jones" <Jason.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 23:46:25 -0000

Only seen the issue when BE's in perimeter.

________________________________

for similar reasons as others, and I tend to hang out at isaserver.org
95% of the time. Hence maybe why only Tom (and Stefan) tend to see my
input and views on stuff.

                Tom invited me to this list as he felt it would be a
good place for me to pose all the questions that he can't answer or go
unreplied on isaserver.org

                I really do value the combined "ISA brain power" here,
but just think it could be a little more forgiving and friendly at
times...having said that I have found answers here that I just couldn't
get elsewhere, so don't misunderstand me as ungrateful.

                Anyhow back to the "core issue", from what I hearing
from Exchange MVP contacts, MS are playing the "CAS in a DMZ is totally
unsupported" tune very strongly. This is a real shame as it looks like I
will never be able to deploy the existing least privilege design with
Exchange 2007 without fear of customers coming back to us after trying
to log PSS calls or getting other non-ISA firewall guys in who slate the
design...oh well, at least ISA will still involved to some degree, just
not as cool as it could be...

                JJ

                From: isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:isapros-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]