[isapros] Re: ISA, Exchange 2007 and Perimeter Networks

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:45:40 -0800

But that¹s the opposite of what the analogy means- the ³free for all, combat
rich, chaotic, uncontrollable² zone is NOT the DMZ.  The ³DMZ,² where it
refers to Korea, is a highly controlled, restricted area bound by the policy
of the armistice.  I would never put a honeypot in the DMZ, as no one would
ever hit it- not in MY DMZ¹s anyway... The honeypot goes on the Internet
segment or somewhere that everyone can hit it... The DMZ is where one should
most closely monitor traffic or deploy intrusion detection... Why have yet
another term?  If people can¹t understand what DMZ really is, then I doubt
they will understand what PNS is...

On 1/12/07 4:09 PM, "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all: