[isapros] Binding Issue

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:57:36 -0500

I've just had an SBS ISA install freak out. It's unable to bind 80 and
443 to the external NIC. Now, they've got a vendor in there for a LOB
app and he's been known to "do stuff" like delete the sbsflt asapi
filter because he didn't need it. It was he that called and said "none
of the website are working over there". Great, that the same message he
left me last time when he deleted files on me. Sorry, ranting...

The point is that I'm getting a binding error on the external NIC.
Internally websites are working for the most part. The sharepoint site
is not working this may be related but generates a simple site not ready
try again later error message. All other sites are working if you access
them from the inside. OWA and RWW can't be accessed from the outside.
I've not had to troubleshoot binding problems before. How should I go
about this? Here's what I've got for log and events as a starting point.

ISA log, when I attempt to view a website from outside the network.

Original Client IP               Client Agent       Authenticated Client
Service Server Name     Referring Server               Destination Host
Name         Transport            MIME Type         Object Source
Source Proxy     Destination Proxy            Bidirectional
Client Host Name             Filter Information            Network
Interface          Raw IP Header  Raw Payload      Source Port
Processing Time               Bytes Sent          Bytes Received Result
Code        Cache Information          Log Record Type
Destination IP    Destination Port               Protocol
Action   Rule       Client IP               Destination Network
Client Username              Source Network               HTTP Status
Code            Error Information             HTTP Method    URL
Log Time

68.41.152.252
SBS2003               -                              TCP        -
No                          -
4274       0              0              0              0xc004000d
FWX_E_POLICY_RULES_DENIED       0x0                Firewall
70.90.38.29         80           HTTP      Denied Connection
Default rule        68.41.152.252     Local Host
External                               0x0         -              -
11/28/2006 12:40:41 PM

Alerts

Alert Information

70.90.38.29 port 80. This may have been caused by another service that
is already using the same port or by a network adapter that is not
functional. To resolve this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall
service. The error code specified in the data area of the event
properties indicates the cause of the failure.

 The failure is due to error: 0x8007271d

443. This may have been caused by another service that is already using
the same port or by a network adapter that is not functional. To resolve
this issue, restart the Microsoft Firewall service. The error code
specified in the data area of the event properties indicates the cause
of the failure.

 The failure is due to error: 0x8007271d

Event Viewer

14148