[isalist] Re: wpad.dat DNS entry

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:46:02 -0700

T'is true.

With intentionally rare exceptions, hosts within MS can't reach the outside
except via Web Proxy or FWC requests.
The do get a default gateway, but internal routers are "'blackhole"; that is,
if they see a packet for a non-local network, they pass it to the bitbucket
which has a large hole in the bottom.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org