[isalist] webmail attachment problems...

  • From: "Paul Laudenslager" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:31:34 -0500

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been here and I hope that everyone is doing
well.  I posted this issue once before several months ago but I never
followed through.. (sorry!) so I'm asking for your help again.

    ISA 2006 Enterprise Edition
    IPSwitch IMail v8.x (on private IP behind firewall)

Users are on public IP's not protected by the firewall.

Users are getting the following error in their browser trying to view
attachments (ie. pdf's and doc files) via webmail.

    "Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The HTTP message includes an
unsupported header or an unsupported combination of headers. (12156)"

When I access webmail with a PRIVATE IP address (not going through the
firewall) the attachment opens just fine.

When accessing the mail server via POP/IMAP, the attachment works just fine.
Also, even weirder, if a user FORWARDS the email with the attachment to
themselves, it then opens just fine through the firewall... Hmm...

I've tried deleting/recreating the rules on the firewall to no avail.  I've
also created the rule when unchecking the "compression" checkbox... and
unchecking the "enable http compression" checkboxes... to no avail.

My other IMail servers NOT behind the firewall work just fine... only those
behind the 2k6 firewall are failing.  NOTE: I also didn't have this problem
with ISA 2k4.

    1.  What's a good way to view the ISA log files to find out exactly WHAT
HEADER is causing the problem?

    2.  If I do find out what header is causing this issue, where would I go
from there?

Thanks again for your time and consideration.  I really do appreciate it.

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.

Paul L.