web acceleration

  • From: "Brajesh" <smtp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isa" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:45:12 +0530

Hi,

I am using an dns which for lan purpose. at isa in the internal interface i
gave the dns ip which is 10.0.0.100, whcih is local dns and in the dns
server i gave the isa internal ip as gateway address. and i had also make
the internal dns to work as forwarder(caching) and give the isa's internal
ip for forwarding. it also works fine. is there any major security issue
comes if i make the isa also a dns (name caching)server.

problem is when i am accessing a fully new website in client machine it
takes a little bit time to resolve but after i once accessed it in the isa
or dns then it works fine. so as per my thinking it is a dns caching and web
caching problem.

have u any advice for acceleration............

Brajesh Ranjan Panda
System Administrator
DIVAS OFFSHORE SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGY (P) LTD.
N-1/3, DLF-II, GURGAON, HARYANA,INDIA
www.divassoftware.com