RE: wan ip phones

  • From: "Brad Benz" <bbenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:51:22 -0600

In order to route PROPERLY, you MUST use separate subnets.

Starting with the DHCP server, you need to configure a Scope for each
subnet. You can set Scope Options to define the Default Gateway, DNS,
etc. options per scope.

When you configure DHCP Relay (or ip helper) you tell the far router
where to send DHCP requests. Other routers along the way must also know
where to forward DHCP requests.

What kind of routers do you have?

Brad Benz
CCNA, CCDA, MCSE, CIPT, CUSE