[isalist] vpn demand dial gw-to-gw routing problem

  • From: "Daniel" <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISAServerList" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 01:56:14 -0300

Hi have the same routing problem with all my vpns (I'm using PPTP vpns), seems
be a MS RRAS specific problem.

I have 5 dd persistent vpns on My headquarter isa server 2000/w2k, who dials to
remote w2k-RRAS servers on
partners networks. To route between the vpn subnets I have static routes trough
the correspondent vpn dd iface
in each RRAS and on my headquarter ISA/RRAS snap-in.

In headquarter my ISA is the default gateway, but on the remote networks the
LAN default gateway is generaly a
cisco router or other router, not the w2k-RRAS with the vpn dd iface. To have a
correct routing plan I need
only create a route on this non-MS gateways to my headquarter vpn subnet trough
the w2k-RRAS LAN iface (who
have the dd vpn iface), but the routing don't work.

To solve the problem I need to create a local route entry (the same route I
have on the LAN non-MS default
gateway) on each windows station on the remote LAN, so I have access to this
machine trough vpn, this prove
that the routing plan is correct.

The problem seems be that default remote LAN gateway is a non-MS box, but in
TCP/IP routing concepts this have
no sens. Seems that packets routed trough a non-MS box are rejected by the
w2K-RRAS server (who have the dd
vpn iface) if they are destinated to the vpn.

Someone can help me?

thanks,

Daniel