RE: vpn

  • From: "Muqeem Syed" <Syed.Muqeem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:20:28 +0200

Craig,
Do you mean to say that when the remote users connect to your network
over the internet, they are not able to access exchange.

I am a little confused, I feel that possibly two things might be
happening.
One  the users not to meant to be on the network connect to the
internet. Your firewall might be blocking the smtp port and hence they
cannot connect to the exchange server using outlook, you might try
aacessing the exchange server using the Outlok Web Access.
Second since these users are not meant to be on your network, and they
do not authenticate or since they have not logged on to the network at
all, they do not get permission to authenticate on the exchaneg server.

Regards