RE: virus blocking

  • From: "Musser, Dale" <musser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:47:18 -0400

That is a good point, I actually got the idea from a client of ours.

See we email attachments all the time to clients and sometimes the
employees will say they never got the attachment when we know we sent it
and then we have to second guess what is going on.
Then other clients do this :"Sorry, the security policy of (blank)
refuses such file extensions :
*.vbs;*.vbe;*.js;*.jse;*.css;*.wsh;*.sct;*.hta;*.shs;*.as;*.pif;*.scr;*.
com;*.bat;*.exe

Best regards,
IT security manager"

Now I thought that is a nice feature. That way you know up front that
your attachment is going to be denied and you have to come up with
another solution.  Since more and more companies are now starting to
block specific attachments it would be nice to be notified.

Dale