using wrong NIC

  • From: "Vald" <vald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:17:16 -0000

Hi,

I have a multihomed ISA Server installed in caching mode. The machine is a
member server. The second card is
used to connect to a private LAN for backup purposes.

I want the ISA Server to behave as if it was a single NIC caching server
accepting requests on the same NIC used to retrieve the Internet content.

The problem I have is that after an indeterminate amount of time the ISA
Server attempts access Internet content via the backup LAN interface and
fails as there is no route out of this LAN. When the ISA Server is in this
state I have checked the routing table and it is correct. The default
gateway is only set on the main NIC and therefore is the default NIC for
0.0.0.0. Does anyone have any ideas why this might occur? If I disable the
backup LAN NIC the requests obviously use the correct interface. If I bring
the backup LAN NIC back on line things are OK for a while again.

TIA

Vald