RE: two different firwall

  • From: Christian.Schramm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:35:22 +0200

Hi there...

In order to use any of the publishing features of ISA server the ISA needs
two interfaces (external and internal) both on a different subnet(!). This
means for you if your isa stands with both legs in your DMZ zone (in the
same subnet) and both have the same default gateway, you can not publish any
internal servers!

If this is your case, you have to define a second internal DMZ with a
different subnet than the external DMZ and configure isa server to have its
external leg in your normal "DMZ zone" and its internal leg in the "internal
DMZ" ... The pix functions like before as "packet filter and gateway to the
outside world" and you can make use of the isa publishing features.

Hope this could help you.

Greets