RE: tom please can you help with dhcp server

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 07:56:03 -0800

Your post is a little hard to read but from what I understand, this is what
you need to do:

1.      On the client computer that received the bad address, completely
shut down the computer.
2.      On the client computer that had the IP address first, completely
shut down the computer.
3.      On the DHCP server, in the DHCP MMC, under Address Leases, delete
the lease for both computers.
4.      On the DHCP server, in the DHCP MMC, right click on the server and
select Reconcile All Scopes.
5.      On the DHCP server, in the DHCP MMC, right click on the server and
select Properties. On the Advanced tab, in the Conflict Detection Attempts
box, chose 3.
6.      On the DHCP server, in the DHCP MMC, right click on the server and
select All Tasks, then select restart.
7.      Then restart each of the client computers one at a time, ensuring
that each one has been completely started before starting the next.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA

IT Manager, Network Engineer

RelianceSoft, Inc.

Fullerton, CA  92835