RE: times out with error 404/hotmail and yahoo inbox solution

  • From: "hanan" <nouran@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 12:35:59 +0100

Hi

I found the solution for these problems so I will share with you the
solution

Direct access to these web sites didn't solve the problem, what I found that
you need to change the MTU in the user machine that has this problem to less
than 1500,when I did that the problem was resolved the user can access any
accounting web site yahoo and hotmail inbox .

And other thing sometime windows update patch can cause this problem and
here is the fix from Microsoft web site

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/813951/default.asp

I hope it will help anyone who has this problem

Best regards

Hanan