RE: telnet/NTLM

  • From: "Chris Patterson" <cpatterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 10:58:02 -0500

You can use the telnet admin program to change the NTLM settings, or you
can go into the registry itself and change the key
(HKLM\Software\Microsoft\TelnetServer\1.0\NTLM).  Valid options are 0,
1, and 2.

If I remember correctly, 0 = No NTLM, 1 = NTLM or Basic, and 2 =
Strictly NTLM.

Change the setting and stop and start the telnet service so it will take
effect.