telnet problems

  • From: "Musser, Dale" <musser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:04:40 -0400

Hi
I am having really weird telnet problems.
I am trying to telnet into my backoffice server (isa server) that is
running a d3 database software which was an old pick software.
when we are in house and we do a telnet to the internal ip number, we
connect to the d3 database software with no problems.
If I try to connect from the outside, nothing!!
The strange part, is if I start the Microsoft Telnet server and try to
connect by telnet from the outside, I can connect to the Microsoft
telnet server. This shows me that port 23 is open and the firewall is
letting it in.
But why can I not connect to the D3 server??  I checked and it is
listening on port 23.

Any Ideas???

Thanks
Dale