standalone vs array

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <psraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:31:10 -0500

I am currently managing two standalone ISA serevrs load balanced with NLB
for internal users. All users access the ISA using the NLB virtual host
name. I am planning to migrate these two servers to an array (since our AD
is now in place). Once the array is inplace NLB will be uninstalled.None of
the clients are using firewall client in my network.

Questions:

1) Once I migrate to an array, will it be possible to access the array using
a virtual host name like used by NLB. How is the virtual name assigned to
the array?

2) How is the fault tollarance and load balancing applied to the clients?
Currently none of my clients are using the auto configuration script, They
point to the VHost name of the NLB host.

3) Is it possible to make use of the array's FT and LB features without
using the firewall client in workstations?

I would appreciate all inputs...

Thnaks in advance.

Regards,

Raj