smtp relaying after change

  • From: "John Lyon" <jlyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:09:18 -0600

Hi folks. Hope everyone is doing well. Quick question. I have an IIS 5
server on the internal network serving web pages to the web. It also has
smtp relaying configured to send mail via my internal Exchange 5.5 server.
Using web publishing this all worked just fine. It appears, althought not
certain, thatf as soon as I switched the IIS server to SERVER publishing
in ISA the smtp queue just fills up and will not send via the Exchange
server. Other servers in the domain do relaying via same mail server and
all is well. My logs in ISA show no port 25 being blocked (it's internal
anyway, but wanted to through that in).

Has my moving to the use of Server vs. Web publishing caused me to leave
something out to cause this? Hopefully this isn't too stupid of a
question, but a little perplexed here.

Thanks as always

John Lyon
http://www.accuwired.com