serious ISA problem

  • From: "shane mullins" <tsmullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 15:42:45 -0400

    We have an ISA server that is down.  It is a dual PIII 900, 2 Gb ram,
W2K sp3 - with all the latest updates.  ISA stopped services recently and
the services would not restart.  Checking the logs I get this error:
The Microsoft Web Proxy service depends on the Microsoft ISA Server Control
service which failed to start because of the following error: %%2147746575

I have searched the web and the microsoft site but have found nothing.  I
could not ping anything external as well.  When I remove ISA I can ping
external, do dns lookups etc.  But when I reinstall ISA I get the same
error.  The server that runs ISA is a domain member.  I moved this server
into the domain three weeks ago.  Shortly before this error happened I put
more memory in this machine.  The memory was bad and caused the server to
lock up.

    If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Shane Mullins

---