required services and rules for vpn+exchange

  • From: "Ara Avvali" <ara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:00:59 -0700

Good afternoon

I am facing some connectivity issues after rung security configuration
wizard on 2003 sp1.
People do vpn (pptp) and then I have rules made so

Rpc all interfaces form vpn to domain controllers
Dns from vpn to domain controllers
Exchange rpc from vpn to mail server

It was absolutely working fine till I noticed recently after applying
the lockdown policy that I have to reboot isa and pdc to make it work
again. I have read on my events and not a trace. Outlook 2003 hangs on
trying to connect....
I noticed 2 services (remote access auto connection manager) and (rpc
call locator) have become disabled.

Do you think that might be the cause? Running a log monitor on isa say
initiated but no luck

Thank you for help and advice