RE: remote desktop after sp1

  • From: "Edward Garcia" <edgarcia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:49:18 -0500

My apologies - as I was browsing through the messages in the discussion list
concerning the RDP problem I'm having, an RPC-related posting was in among
several rdp-related messages. In my haste to solve a customer's problem, my
eyes played tricks on me - I thought I had found the solution! Alas, I was
wrong. This at least explains why the hotfix didn't resolve my problem ;-)

I do understand that RDP by default uses tcp 3389 and that RPC has nothing
to do with RDP, but I have published enough RDP through ISA servers to know
that it typically _just works_. i hadn't had a chance to test 2k3 sp1 and
its effect on ISA 2k; I now appreciate even more the value of a test lab.
Apparently, uninstalling/reinstalling ISA, service packs, etc will make the
RDP problem go away (standing on my head during this process may also
help;-)).

Again, my apologies for the incorrect posting.