Re: publishing internal mail server

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:37:18 -0000

Hi Hanan

I have a feeling this may be because the mail server traffic is clashing with
the SMTP service that maybe installed on the ISA box. I think installs and
enables the SMTP service by default. I had this problem and the only clue was
in the event logs. They reported that the server couldn't be published properly
as another service was using the port. We checked the list of Services and SMTP
was there and running. We had not installed it deliberately at all. It was the
FSMO so maybe dcpromo out it there? Nothing else was installed other than
Compaq tools as it was Compaq hardware.

Hope that helps.

Bye for now.

Paul Lemonidis.