Re: publishing Terminal Server

  • From: <HCALM1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:55:28 -0500

Okay,

Is there a walkthrough out there for setting up RRAS and ISA to work?

-Andy

Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 12/07/2001 10:12:30 AM

Please respond to "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To:   "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:

Subject:  [isalist] Re: publishing Terminal Server

http://www.ISAserver.org

Yes- if you want to use ISA to publish an internal Terminal Server, ISA
can't be using 3389 itself.  So, you either have to disable terminal
services on the ISA server, or move the port that it is listening on if you
still want to TS into the ISA itself.  I don't have the Q article handy
right now (just blew out my workstation and am still loading stuff).

Of course, you could do it the opposite way- keep your ISA server (which is
your DC, right? Yikes!) listening on 3389, but change the port for your
internal box to something like 13389, and publish that guy.  You will have
to change the client to use 13389 of course.

The main point here is that if you are going to publish protocols that are
not default ISA protocol definitions, you have to create "user" protocol
definitions and then publish them.  Secondly, If the ISA server itself is
using the port for something, you can't server publish an internal server
on the same port- not when you have something like TS that binds to all
interfaces.  If you could somehow keep terminal services bound to a single
IP, you could do it using multiple IP's on the interface, but to my
knowledge, there is not a way to do that.   (Jim- any ideas?)

Does that make sense?

AD