RE: post installation configuration.

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:08:03 -0800

CIL...

MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
http://isatools.org
Read the help / books / articles!

From: Faraz [mailto:f_hkhan@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:54 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] post installation configuration.

http://www.ISAserver.org

hi everyone
1. i am using ISA server 2004, i want only firewall clients to access
internet, so no one would be able to access internet through defining IP
in IE settings and becomes an webproxy client or SecureNat client.[i
want
every client to be firewall client in order to use internet], i know it
can be done through Group Policy in windows 2000/3 but that requires AD
and will cause extra bit of load on my network., is there any other way
do that?
[Jim] Impossible - ISA doesn't identify requests by "client type".  If
you limit all traffic to authenticated requests ("all authenticated
users"), then no SecureNET clients can get through.

2. i installed ISA 2004 server, after installing succesfuly i created a
access policy which allows my internal network to access external
network(internet), now clients are able to use internet BUT whenever
they
ping my ISA server for testing(either it is ON or not), they are not
able
to do that, WHY? and what should i need to do for allowing them to do
that?
[Jim] why do they need to ping the ISA?  If you really can't live
without ping storms from your clients, create an access ruile allowing
"ping" from internal to "local host".