RE: port 445 msftds

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:23:20 -0400

Yes, disable your NetBIOS over TCP in your IP properties and this should do
it, look at your WINS tab and you will see where NetBIOS over TCP/IP is
checked off
by default, Windows by default enables this for legacy support for NetBIOS
application support. Do this and run your port scanner again, I am sure Port
445 will not
show up anymore.  Hope this helps