RE: permit skype behind to isa server

  • From: Brian Boyes <BrianB@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:52:55 -0500

> Actually, "what if an internet café chooses to let their customers
> dictate their access policy?" is more accurate.
> Just because someone gives you Internet access in no way obligates
> them to give you any damn thing you want.

I would agree, but if you are providing a service to your customers, you
have to balance security with convenience. For example, I can't access my
email from my hotel because they don't permit RPC. I'm new to this, so
unfortunately I don't yet understand enough to present them with a
convincing argument to get them to change their minds.

Brian