outbound SSL request FROM web server

  • From: "Talley, Scott" <stalley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:43:01 -0500

Background:  I have a web published NT4/IIS4 web server behind an ISA
server.  A Cold Fusion application on the IIS4 web server needs to establish
an outbound SSL session to another web server on the internet to gather some
data - this session is failing.  I tested this from another non-published
test web server and the session would work IF I installed the firewall
client on the server.

Question 1:  any idea what I need to do to ISA to allow the outbound secure
session from a published web server?

Question 2:  if I can't directly resolve the problem, what would be the
issues with the firewall client on a published web server?

Thank you,
Scott Talley
The Combined Group

phone:  972.247.2621 x829