RE: no ping

  • From: "Brian" <Bjeppesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:42:58 -0700

In all probability you are blocking icmp packets/dropping them at the
external interface.  If you stop the firewall service and then try to
ping the interface, I bet you'll get replys.  Look at your packet
filtering, Ping of death, LAN attacks, etc. If it's enabled, you won't
get a response from your external interface when pinged.

Brian Jeppesen
Consultant
602.820.5305
bjeppesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx