[isalist] Re: my experience with surf control 5.5

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:11:34 -0500

I ran into a very similar problem with SurfControl this afternoon.  All traffic
through the ISA server slowed to a crawl, then stopped completely.  I rebooted
the server, and waited about a half-hour for it to come back up, but it never
did.  Suspecting SurfControl, I brought it up in Safe Mode and disabled that
service, then the server came up immediately.

Contacting tech support shows that it is not an entirely unknown problem, and
there is a hotfix for version 5.5 available that addresses high CPU
utilization…

http://kb.surfcontrol.com/display/1/articleDirect/index.asp?aid=2064&r=0.3462793

I installed that hotfix, and so far so good, I have my fingers crossed…