multiple authentications boxes & OWA

  • From: "Alfonso Lopez de Ayala" <alopezdeayala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:51:23 -0600

I know similar issues have been discussed here recently... this is yet
another manifestation of (perhaps) the same problem... has anyone found
the definitive solution for this ISA bug?

When a user tries to access an internal web server from the Internet
(published thru ISA using Web Publishing Rules with its appropriate
Destination Set), the user gets multiple authentication boxes... the web
page contents (buttons, images, frames, etc.) appear little by little on
the browers, as the user enters username/password/domain repeatedly...
this causes the web application to be practically unusable.

Note: I don't see that the specifics on the web server have anything to do
with the problem, but in this case it is users accessing Exchange's OWA
(Outlook Web Access) from the Internet. Exchange/OWA/IIS/ISA are all in
the same box in this case.  Also, the same users can access OWA with no
problem from the internal LAN.