mspclnt.ini not having any effect

  • From: "Jay J. Mobley" <jmobley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:52:36 -0700

Hello List,

 I am having much trouble (Tom, I was wrong.. It didnt work)
I am trying to get LPR to print to a remote print server from an
internal firewall client. LPR requires that the call be made from tcp
port 721-731. The firewall client is supposed to be able to
BindLocalTcpPort=721-731 which it in fact does on the client in
question. but a TCPDUMP on the remote print server reveals that in fact
the request did not come from the specified ports.
 The firewall logs show that the request is being sent to the correct
port (515) but I cant get that firewall client to behave as its supposed
to .. Please , any suggestions or experience would be welcomed.

-Jay