RE: migrating from nothing to ISA

  • From: Mirosław Rusin <miroslaw.rusin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:17:50 +0200

WHAT TO DO - short and clear

1) Install MS Windows 2000 server on internal network (IP=192.168.42.2) with
AD (???.domain1.com)
2) Install ISA server on MS Windows 2000 server (ext.IP=100.100.100.100,
int.IP=192.168.42.1) and add this machine to domain1.com

Q.1) Which of them should be named head.domain1.com for properly serving DNS
answers for external questions about registered public domain1.com,
domain2.com, domain3.com..? Remember, that public information about all
registered domains about aDNS are: IP=100.100.100.100, name=head.domain1.com

Q.2) Is possible, that domain1.com is public and private domain in this
situation..?

Any advice..?

  _____