RE: isalist digest: October 17, 2001

  • From: "Weiss, Robert" <WeissR@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:17:12 -0400

Arsalan,

Are you using packet filtering on your ISA Server?  If so, the TCP/IP client
(such as IE or Netscape) won't be able to connect, unless you point the
browser to the ISA server itself.  Although I never tried it, I would
imagine you could do the same thing using the Firewall Client on the ISA
Server.

Robert Weiss
Manager, Network and Academic Systems
Philadelphia University
Office of Information Technology
215-951-2689
http://www.PhilaU.edu/OIT

------------------------------------

Subject: Internet is not working on my server
From: Arsalan Ahmad <us97013@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:35:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

This is my first mail to this great mailing list. I
have a small LAN of 50 computers having win9x, winME
and win 2000 clients. I have provided them internet
access via my server (Win2000 Server and ISA). The
problem is that my clients are accessing the internet
now but when i try to open any site from my sever it
wont. One thing more I scheduled download of some
sites but they dont start. Plz tell me if i m missing
something.

Thanks.

Arsalan.