RE: isa server cannot cache files (downloads)

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CSA1) *" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:57:16 -0400

The remote server has the option to disallow caching of any resource it
serves.  This includes public caches (ie- isa cache) or private caches
(browser caches).  If you send the url of the file I could look at the
headers and let you know if this is what's happening with your download.
Or you could download one of the many HTTP conversation tools out there
and look at the HTTP headers.  My favorite is Webscarab available at
http://www.owasp.org.

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman