RE: is the latest ISA2000 security update a dud?

  • From: "Darryl Janetzki" <darrylj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:05:55 +1000

I checked my configuration. I was using integrated Authentication. The
point I wanted to make is that we have to expect better performance from
Microsoft. When they publish a patch for a known problem we have to have
confidence that the desired result will be achieved and not have host of
new problems. When it is late a night and the system is damaged because
of a "bad" patch... I don't really care about how "right" and "proper"
Microsoft may be in their "new found security" policy... Delivering
reliable systems that work and having confidence with the product and
company is more important.

I think this security policy is a cover-up for breaking functionality
and inadequate testing. I think I may also review the use of WSUS in
future. Microsoft has to give a commitment to quality... as well as to
security.

My two bobs worth

Darryl Janetzki