Re: is ISA 2004 has solution for this problem

  • From: Jim Harrison <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:14:47 -0700

This is the nature of a proxy; all requests come from the proxy server, not the
client.
If client-IP is the only method you have to segregate connections in the
shaper, you're better off to move it behind the proxy.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
  http://isatools.org
  Read the help / books / articles!

On Thu, 13 May 2004 19:51:20 +0200
 "hanan" <nouran@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi

Could you please help?

We have ISA 2000 proxy cache server---------------packet
shaper--------ISA2000 firewall server----internet

Packet shaper to control bandwidth and all p2p traffic and we have different
package for different users which mean some users can have 512,and others
can have 1 meg bandwidth and so on, based on their IP addresses

The problem is the users who are configured as web proxy client their
request will reach the packet shaper as proxy server ip address and not user
ip address so the packet shaper will not do any control based on their ip
address.

We need to keep the proxy cache for performance and traffic.

Any idea what we can do, is ISA 2004 has solution for this problem?

Regards

Hanan