Re: inbound Exchange Mail Problem

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:31:01 -0800

I did mention that the Linksys should be taken out of the equation. The ISP
cable modem should be connected directly to the external interface of the
ISA server.

Elliott, you said enabled the External adapter and made it the gateway. Made
it a gateway on what? ISA at that point is doing the routing from the
Internal to the External and visa versa.

The only change I make, is enabling the External adapter (12.249.21.225) and
making it the default gateway while removing the gateway address from the
Internal adapter. When I do that, I lose the ability to receive email from
TZO. And John, we use the Linksys, it forwards port 25 to 192.168.1.xx to
create a DMZ with a public web server that is off the SBS2000 server.

What do you mean by off of? You have a public web server on a private IP
address on port 25 on a separate subnet off the Linksys? That is why I asked
earlier what your network is. It seems you are kind of doing things the hard
way. Why not have the web server behind the ISA and have ISA do its work.

If you can, please draw out your network so we can clearly understand your
scenario.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA

IT Manager, Network Engineer

RelianceSoft, Inc.