inbound Exchange Mail Problem

  • From: "Elliott Davidow" <Elliott.Davidow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 05:31:31 -0600

We have a SBS2000 Multihomed with all the upgrades running exchange/ISA
and using TZO DNS mail forwarder.

Our Internal IP is 192.168.1.xx
Our External IP is 12.249.21.xx on the 2nd adapter with client and
sharing disabled

DNS Split

Internal: Jedgroup.com
External: www.jedgroup.com

mx record is on internal jedgroup.com

Exchange will not receive mail (will send). When we disable external,
and put the gateway and the Internet cable on internal; then our email
is received. Another point, is it possible to rename the internal zone.
We're registered as jedgroup.com. and finally, we us a linksys router.
When we're multihomed, we cannot contact the router on the external
adapter.

thanks

Elliott